Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Scrap Paper


Technology is awesome, sometimes it's even useful.  My I-phone has this simple little note pad that can be used to type all sorts of little messages.  Scrolling through the little app it includes grocery lists, phone numbers, names, websites, books, bible verses, recipes, passwords, whoops, probably should delete the passwords. After those tidbits of information are typed, they are generally forgotten. Sometimes I remember to look at the grocery list.  As for the rest of that vital information, not even a glance.

Cleaned out my purse the other day and found it was full of scrap paper.  Handwritten notes on whatever was handy at the time, colorful post-it notes, envelopes, receipts, church bulletins.  Like the notes typed in my phone, they were important at the time.  I sorted through the pile and held on to the relevant scraps and tossed the rest.  Occasionally I do the same thing with the phone, deleting the notes that had outlived their usefulness or more accurately deleting the notes I don't even remember typing.

But the scrap paper notes were different, those I recollect.  Even if they were no longer needed, they are still remembered. Every one vividly recalled. In each situation I reminisce about who I was talking to, what we were doing, sometimes even the day itself. Those scraps of paper had a history. Emotions were tied to each note.  Little thought went into the cell phone notes, nothing was really invested.   The scrap papers had a story.

I think the difference lies in the fact the paper notes were created while the cell phones notes were recorded.  There is a difference between creating and recording.  God created.  Moses recorded.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
Written by: Moses

God created us in His image.  He created us with the capacity to create.   Instead of recording what He does this year, let's seek Him and discover what He would have us create. 


Korleen

No comments:

Post a Comment